The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), in collaboration with the Discovery Partners Institute (DPI) and other regional partners, is launching a Teaching Endorsement in Computer Science (CSTed) for any current PEL teacher in grades 5-12 with a desire to build skills in teaching computer science.
In this one-hour, online info session, UIUC College of Education’s Dr. Luc Paquette, lead faculty of the CSTed Program, shares an overview of the program curriculum, as well as gives a preview of the first FOUR semesters of the CSTed Pathway:
- Computer Programming and the Classroom – Summer, Year 1 (4 credits)
- Introduction to Computer Science for CS Teachers – Fall, Year 1 (4 credits)
- Discrete Mathematics for CS Teachers – Spring, Year 1 (2 credits)
- Spring- Year 1: Computer Systems for CS Teachers – Spring, Year 1 (2 credits)
- Summer- Year 2: Teaching Methods for CS Teachers – Summer, Year 2 (4 credits)
NOTE: All info sessions are recorded and made available for public access within 24 hours of the conclusion of each event.