The Discovery Partners Institute (DPI) and Shield T3 invite faculty and researchers from all academic or commercial institutions to submit proposals in the area of personalized health diagnostics. We are looking for proposals that will support the development of a new business that uses individual health data, diagnostics results and data analytics to provide individuals with tailored action plans to drive better health, and where appropriate, help them navigate the healthcare system. Proposals should focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Development and use of diagnostic tools to support individual risk profiling and ongoing monitoring, including use of existing health risk morbidity/mortality calculators and/or the development of a saliva-based epigenetic tool to effectively measure biological versus chronological age
- Direct-to-consumer user experience tools and applications that connect individual consumers to Shield T3 Health and Wellness offering, including:
- Results reporting from at-home diagnostic devices and of home-to-lab based diagnostics
- User registration and input of data, including personal health history, risk factors, previous and existing medical conditions
- Provision of tailored guidance, specific actions, and/or interface points with medical care providers based on diagnostic results, patient provided information and analytics.
- Tools and methods that support individual behavioral change in support of specific health goals and/or a healthier lifestyle.
- Community building and provision of support resources.
- Access to subject matter experts and referrals to qualified medical practitioners
- Development of saliva-based diagnostics and assays that can be delivered via an at-home diagnostic device.
- Rapid prototyping and contract manufacturing capabilities to support scaling production of at-home testing device utilizing isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology.